Tuesday, March 3, 2009

She's Growing Up

Whenever I think about March 20th, I get a little nervous. I've never really been on my own, save walking around my neighborhood, and now I'm going to be boarding a plane all by myself. It is slightly nonsensical that I'm thinking so much into this, but to me, this is my first adventure. It's the first time I'll be exploring without parental guidance. It's thrilling to me. I am floored to get out and see something different, to see a different group of people. I have a major desire to experience something more than my own backyard. My mom asked me how I felt about going off without someone except my sister, and I told her. I told her exactly what I wrote and all she had to say was, "You're growing up." Yet, she didn't say it in a "oh no! my daughter will leave me someday" way. It was an appreciative tone. As if she sees that I don't want to live a life of banality, but instead, make something of my life. I'm not sure completely, but I think she understands.

No comments: