Friday, February 27, 2009

You're My Beautiful Mess

The other morning I stood before my stove making Swedish pancakes. There I would pick up the bowl of batter and let it slosh and glop about the sizzling pan. I was extremely excited to taste my perfectly made pancakes until I had to flip it. Lying on the hot pan was an ugly, wrinkled mess and I, for some reason, thought it would taste absolutely horrible. Yet when I had finally decided to take a bite, I was chewing the most decadent pancake I had ever beheld in my life. I never had thought a pancake could be decadent, but dear me, it was. Though, what I realized was truly the best. Just two little thoughts.
1) I have an even deeper appreciation for the workmanship of
humans (if that is possible).
and
2) There is a such thing as a beautiful mess.
How absolutely perfect are we made? How positively beautiful and intricate are we? I can hardly make a lousy pancake, but there is someone who can create a wonderfully magnificent human. But sometimes we look at eachother and just pick out the flaws. The only aspect of someone that is visible to us is the mess. Except, aren't we all beautiful messes? So, take the chance, take a step closer, get a taste of a person; you start to enjoy the person. You see the beauty that lies there seeping within the mess.

No comments: