"This girl is long
gone...Gone like the wind
under Superman's capeLike the thief in the
night, I make the great escape."
I'm so done with this place. I'm leaving when I can. I see absolutely no point in staying in a place full of contented people. One full of contented people who don't want to do anything except live their contented life. What happened to actually wanting to do something in the world? What happened to stepping out of our comfort zones and caring about those outside of your circle? There is nothing here. There really is nothing here. What can I do for someone who is too content with their idyllic life? Nothing.
That happens to be a big problem because I want to do something. I want to change someone's life. I'd rather bond with someone amidst suffering than sit alone in my contentedness. The world needs people to feel not ignore. I don't know what is in my future, but I feel like God wants me to go somewhere else. He wants me to do something in my life that will mean something. And that is actually something I want to do too. So my itty bitty town, where do you think I'm headed? Right now I have no idea, but it most certainly won't be here.
You know, if I ever do settle down, California seems like a very unlikely destination. Honestly, I'd be so full of joy if I could sit amongst unperturbed wilds back in the boonies of North Carolina, on top of rolling hills in Wyoming or Montana, nestled in the forests of the eastern Appalachians. There I could actually savor the beauties the natural world contains as opposed to concrete schools and factory fumes. But before I can even make it there, I want to care. I want to care for the ones who feel uncared for.
1 comment:
it won't allow me to follow, so follow me first and then i can "manage" our accounts.
amen to what you wrote, by the way. i'm actually visiting a college in the boonies of NC tomorrow. the town is called Boone. haha
Post a Comment