Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Will I Ever Know How Much?

You say you love me.
I know you love me.
But can you show me how much?
Will I ever know how much?
Would you actually swim the ocean for me?
Cross the driest and hottest desert for me?
Climb the hardest, highest, most dangerous mountain for me?
Go through not just the highs, but the lows in your life for me?
Why is it when I cry to you,
I get nothing from you.
Why do I receive more love
From that which is invisible?
You, who is there, real, visible before my eyes,
Where is the hug I long for?
Where is the time I long for?
I just want you. Nothing else.
How come when I cry, "Abba Father," I get a response,
Whether it be the wind, a flower, or a melodious birdsong?
Yet when I cry "Daddy, Daddy!" in simple English,
I get nothing more than a sad, dead silence?
You say you love me.
I know you love me.
But is it measurable, or immeasurable?
Will I never know how much?

No comments: