The physicality of D.C. is left behind. No longer do I find myself surrounded by
tall brick buildings or rambunctious college kids. No longer do I feel the metro
engendered wind in my face or my sissy's presence near me. It is no more.A mere 48 hours can change me. It did change me. Not in the sense that you wouldn't recognize me, but my mind. My way of thinking has evolved. My opinion has developed into something different or something more than what it was before. But that is how it is supposed to be, don't you think? Listening and watching as opposed to closing off and judging? I find my opinion being molded by every new person that I meet. I hear stories of their past (or near present), learn about their family, watch the way they act. We are all so different, yet exactly the same. Meeting a new person is vital. It is the new experience with that person, however personally involved, that shapes the very way you think and see.
For me, there was something about seeing these college kids live the life they have right now, stepping into the life they have right now. Not just regular college, but they work 9 to 5 jobs in government buildings across the expanse of D.C. and take night classes until ten at night only to come back to a desk with homework to be done. Continually for five days, if not more, they work their butts off. Yes, there is some complaining and whining. How could there not be? But it doesn't end there. They find it in them to keep going, keep living. Whether it be stupid, crazy, or adventurous, they live until there is nothing left to live. It doesn't matter what way they're living, just that they are.
I learned something more. Sissy, everything about you means so much to me.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Left in the Dust
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment