Dreams seem to consume me constantly right now.
I don't really understand why though. It hasn't ever been this bad before.
It isn't that I'm totally slacking where reality is concerned, just that it is my reality.
I'll walk up the stairs at school and pretend I'm walking on clouds.
I seem to live my life as a movie, and practically script what's going to happen next.
Even if that isn't it.
When I read a book, the main character no longer exists. I am the main character.
Sometimes I'm twenty-seven, sometimes I'm just seven.
I live in a made up world. I live in a pretend world.
How can that really be? Am I actually living in reality, but never let it be reality?
This is my conflict.
Life is real. As real as it has ever been, but I'm dreaming my life away.
Maybe I am living real life, but missing it all because of a consumption of dreams.
And yet, in my dreams I am living reality.
That is just something I can't wrap my mind around. Can you?
No comments:
Post a Comment