So, you're probably thinking who writes a blog about swords? People who have a fetish or an obsession with swords; that's who. But is it really such a hard concept to understand? Why wouldn't you like swords? They're awesome. Here are reasons why swords rock the weapon world:
- first and foremost: have you ever pulled a gun out of a sheath?
- the sound a sword makes when it hits another sword
- it takes real skill to handle a sword
- swords are beautiful in their own way
- pulling a sword out of its sheath makes the best sound
- guns are loud (I happen to like being able to hear.)
- they're a piece of art
- the footwork is like an art; a dance almost
- they're the more honorable weapon
- swords are just much more fun
There you have it. Just a few reasons why swords win. Yeah, you might be thinking that guns are way awesome, but just think about it. Swords are great. How can you not like swords? Besides, guns are just the easy way out. But when I watch a sword fight; it really just makes me want to learn how to fence. And you know what? That just went on my list of things I want to learn before I die. I'm set for life now.
Don't get me wrong, though. Guns are useful. I've been known to have fun shooting a BB gun. They're also quite helpful when it comes to hunting (though, I think using a bow and arrow would be much better...but that's a whole other subject). And yes, where would the western TV show world be without guns? I'd say nowhere. Which would make me sad because those happen to be a big chunk of what I watch on TV. But when it comes to killing people, swords are the best way to go. By far.
So if you ever plan on killing someone, make your weapon a sword. You'll be all the more chivalrous for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment