Little kids are so great. By little, I mean 1st grade and under. They say the greatest things. If you really just listen to them and have a conversation, you can be entertained for a long time. Yes, once they finish talking you realize that their story went absolutely no where, but was still fun to listen to. One of my personal favorite conversations was with this little girl. I was helping out in children's church and she had to go to the bathroom.
Me: "There's a special little girl's bathroom right around the corner."
Little girl: "Ok. Guess what!"
Me: "What!?"
Little girl: "My mom makes me go to the bathroom everyday!"
Me: "Everyday? That's a really good thing."
Little girl: "Really? Why is it good?"
Me: "Because when you get older, you may have to go more than once a day!"
Little girl: "WOW!"
This week I'm working at my church's VBS (Vacation Bible School), and I'm a helper with first grade. First grade is really...great too. Today, while they were doing crafts, I talked with one of the girls. She was telling me that her mom never wants her to do crafts because her mom is always afraid of her spilling everything. Then she told me that her mom worries for no reason because she (the girl) always wears skirts and shorts. Meaning, you can wipe everything off of her if she drops stuff because her legs are not covered.
After that conversation, I talked to one of the boys. He was telling me that glue doesn't taste half bad. He then launched off into a speech on the way it tastes. Little kids rule. Hands down. I'm sure I was a fabulous kid too. One of those crazy ones. Yep, that was me. I know it. I found this one old picture the other day of me in only my diaper. My hair was all askew in two thin ponytails on the side of my head. I was standing in the hall of my house and in my hand was black marker. My lips and stomach were black. I was a ham for sure.
That is my proof on why little kids are great.
No comments:
Post a Comment