Hume Lake. It holds such a dear place in my heart. There isn't anything better than being surrounded by His beautiful creation and singing praises to Him morning and night. He loves me so much. He loves me more than I can imagine. To be loved like that is almost unbearable, but it keeps me living. It literally keeps me breathing my next breath and the next one after that.
But as I stood there one evening singing my love out towards my God, I grew frustrated. Not long after that I was mad. As a thousand voices were making their way up to the sky, mine abruptly stopped.
It just wasn't fair. I wanted to love Him as much as He loved me. But I can't.
How sick is that? I was having a pouting party when I should be telling Him that I'll love you as much as I can even if it isn't as much as you can. Either way, that was a stupid moment.
But later that night as I was going to bed, I realized something. Yeah, we can't love God as much as He loves us, but there is something we can do. His love is so great and abounding, and as children of God we are given the ability to love others His great love. I'm supposed to take the love God has given me and love others with it. <---that right there is how I show my love to God. That is what He has for me to do because He doesn't want Him to get all of the love I can give. He wants the very special people he created to be receptors of His love.
No comments:
Post a Comment