I'm so frustrated with where/when I live. I just don't fit in. My music taste is different. My ideas of fun are different. I don't date nor do I want to. I'm in love with an extinct art form and God knows what else. It isn't my placement on the globe or a difference of a decade or two. It's plain as day, a full 200 years. I've definitely touched a little bit into this when I proclaimed my feelings about the feminist movement, and you know what? They have only greatened. I feel like I'm living a nightmare that I will never wake up from. And then I go and try to tell someone what I mean..and they don't understand. I always get a "you're weird" or a "umm..that's different" and not much else. Is it really that hard to grasp? Is my thought process that far away from others? I don't know and that is why I'm frustrated.
Honestly, the only problem I'd have with living 200 years ago would probably not being able to bathe frequently and not being able to quench my insatiable thirst for knowledge since my standing is of the wonderful female persuasion. Lonely Alaska calls. A place where I can ostracize myself from the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment