I have lights shining in my face, and I dislike it.
And in front of me, there are papers strewn about--
ones that should be sitting in a recycle bin waiting for a new life.
A better, more appreciated life.
Instead a myriad of "useful" words wait for my eyes to rest upon them,
eat them up.
No thank you.
My eyes would rather be closed,
leaving room for magnificent dreams.
Butting out people's perfect outside facade, letting problems dissolve--
if only for a little while.
A place where I could climb giraffe necks instead of ladders,
make a friendship bracelet out of a rainbow,
the daisies and poppies and violets weave into beautiful blankets on their own,
swim through the stars and string them together, one by one--this is where I really am.
and its right now that i have the urge to give reality the finger.
2 comments:
Heehee, I love the last line. I wrote something similar yesterday. So with you!
the last line...haha. i enjoyed writing that part too much. ha..
Post a Comment